1. Using angle grinder for cutting and grinding. Knowledge on type of grinding wheel to use for a specific purpose.
2. Using a Vernier caliper, dial gage and also checking tolerances with CNC machines. Should know how to read accuracy in micron level. Hardness measurements.
3. NC programming for CNC machine to make circular cuts upto 20 micron accuracy.
4. Setting a Jig in a CNC or VMC machine and ensuring that flatness, parallelism, concurrence, distancing and tightness are ensured. Preparation of jig fixtures using minimum resources.
5. Welding using arc welding machine. Minimum skill requirement: Thick plates. Preferred: Thin tube welding upto 1.6 mm.
6. GD&T drafting preparation using CAD/CAM software.
7. Using CATIA for 3D modelling. Minimum: Assembly workbench. Maximum skill: Surface modelling.
8. Planning using Gantt charts, reporting (flow chart, control chart, FMEA) and Standard Operating Procedures.
9. Basic electricals: Multimeter readings, vehicle wiring connections discovery, preferred: read vehicle wiring layout diagrams, soldering on-the-go, crimping etc.
10. Basic electronics: Microcontroller Arduino program upload, basic edits, knowledge of ESD safety and electronics handling, preferred: small package soldering.
11. Billing and excel inputs of expenses from suppliers. Preferred: Emails in decent English.