1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in packaging products and materials for storage or shipment: Studies production order to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, and other packaging requirements.
2) Inspects products prior to packaging and returns rejected products to production departments.
3) Observes packaging operations and inspects containers to verify conformance to specifications.
4) Starts, adjusts, and repairs packaging machinery, or notifies maintenance department.
5) Trains workers in operation of equipment.
6) Requisitions containers and other supplies for delivery to work stations.
7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
8) May be designated according to type of container filled as Barrel Filler, Head; Bottling Supervisor; Can Supervisor.