1. Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
2. Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
3. Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisors to obtain additional resources.
4. Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
5. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies as per rules & regulations.
6. Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.