Why Telephonic Interview
The reasons may be many and varied, the most common one being the paucity of time on the part of the recruiter and the excess of resumes to screen through. But more than the reasons that lead to an organisation conducting such interviews, the aspect to give accent is the conclusions that the person at the other end draws from a telephonic interview, based on which you may either sail through to the main interview, or be done away with.
- The type of industry the company is in. This one is the foremost issue to be made out, since landing up in a suitable position but in an impertinent industry could prove terribly disastrous for your career.
- Your job requirements and the skills you'll need to use.
- Corporate history of the company and the growth pattern that it has shown over the years. Sometimes, selecting a new small company with rapid escalation could be as good as or even better than selecting a big company, which is stagnant in terms of growth.
- Current Market Status of the company, since this will presage to a great extent where would the company be, or in other words where shall you be down the line.
- Branches, sister concerns and associates of the company. This will further allude to the corporate competence of the company.
- Organisational structure and the work environment of the company.
- Salary and Increment pattern company.
- Company's Competitors and the current needs of the company.
- Whether or not training is imparted to the employees. Some companies do follow this practice to brush up and further groom the skills of the employees.
- Corporate philosophy and work culture of the company.
Where to amass the information from?
The following sources can be handy in helping you accumulate the required relevant information
Facts collected from magazines, journals, and other reliable printed material.
Company's brochures and similar promotional material.
Stock exchange editions.
One stitch in time will save you nine in the future. So rather than jumping to decisions hastily, you ought to act with a little prudence. A bit of precaution will pay you off enormously in the long run.