Leaving a job is not an easy thing to do. However, at one point of time in everybody's career one has to leave a particular job and move on for growth or any other reason. Today, people look for new opportunities every day and quitting the jobs has therefore become quite common. The important thing to keep in mind however is that, for whatever reasons you are quitting, do it gracefully. For resigning gracefully, you can go for any of the following options:
- First inform your immediate boss and that too within time. It is a very bad thing to resign from a company all of a sudden without prior notice to any of your bosses.
- Keep your resignation letter simple. Do not incorporate any of the unnecessary information regarding your work or fancy things about the company. Keep it short, precise and simple.
- If you land up into any discussions regarding continuing it for some more time due to the need of the company then remember to hit the right note of assertiveness. Do not be too harsh or rude, since you'll be leaving the place but be firm on your point.
- Another important thing is to manage carefully the time between submission of resignation letter and quitting the job after its acceptance. Do not enter into any quarrels and show your best professional behavior in such situation as well.
- Your behavior should be capable of setting yourself up for a good reference because you must not forget that your previous company will only be referred to by your future one for knowing about you.
Therefore, if you wish to resign, do it gracefully. The ideal thing to do is to leave such a mark that the company wishes to give you a hearty farewell. If you receive a farewell thank all the people who have helped you, your colleagues as well as your seniors. Never leave bitterness in anybody's heart or at any organization of which you were once a part.
Search New Jobs in India