Computer operators work in electronic computer and peripheral data processing equipment tracking and testing in accordance with organizational orders, business, science, engineering, and other data. They can type commands and set controls on computers or peripheral devices on a computer terminal. They also track running and error signals and respond to them.
Duties of a Computer Operator :
- Provides data by machine activity.
- Determines the operating series by considering the expected production.
- Performs tasks specified by the instructions/processes recorded.
- Prepare facilities for electronic software access activities.
- Makes suitable paperwork improvements if necessary.
- Monitors everyday machine work and manipulates it.
- Starts operations with commands entered.
- Maintains processes by error detection and stoppage communications, observation, and procedure correction of peripheral devices.
- Creates batch reports and delivers them to end-users.
- Maintains all control services event logs.
- Responding to queries and inquiries will fix user issues.
- Ensure the operation of the equipment by the completion of preventive maintenance and checks and guidance from the manufacturer.
- Fixes defects.
- The production schedule for IT activities is tracked and reacted continuously.
- Reacts to incoming calls to internal customers (IT department) for device issues via e-mail and voice mail.
- Maintains inventory availability by inventory inspections for inventory level determination.
- Maintains customer trust and preserves company by the security of information.
- Contributes to teamwork by producing results as needed.
Skills Required For A Computer Operator Job :
- Controlling operations - Monitor the gauges, dials, or other indications to ensure the operation of a computer is accurate.
- Comprehension reading - Comprehension of printed words and lines of working texts.
- Tracking — Monitoring/assessment to make changes or take disciplinary steps on your other entities or organizations.
- Active listening - Take proper note of what others say, take time to hear what they say, bring questions, and not disturb them at improper moments.
- Talk - Speak to others in order to accurately share knowledge.
- Critical Thinking - To recognize the positives and the disadvantages of possible solutions, assumptions, or responses to problems using logic and reasoning.
- Operation and management – Devices or processes controlling activities.
- Complex problem-solving – Defining complex challenges and analyzing relevant knowledge for the creation and assessment of alternatives and strategies.
- Time management - time management and time for one another. Time management.
- Quality Management Review — Goods, facilities, or procedures for quality or performance evaluation checks and inspections.
- Judgment and decision-making - Taking into account the relative cost and advantages of the alternative acts to select the most desirable.
- Examination of the processes – Determination of how a machine operates and how circumstances, procedures, and climate change can impact performance.
- Coordination - Modification of steps with respect to acts of others.
- Active Learning - Understand the consequences for current and future problems and decisions of new information.
Knowledge Required For A Computer Operator Job in Delhi :
- Computers and Devices - Printers and software, including gadgets and programming, information on circuit boards, processors, chips, electronics, and computers.
- Customer and personal service - Knowledge of principles and processes for the provision of customer and personal services. This involves an evaluation of consumer needs, compliance with service quality requirements, and customer loyalty assessment.
- English Language - Understanding of the English language structure and material including word sense, pronunciation, laws, and grammar.
- Clerical - Experience in the processes and structures of government and the clerical service, such as word processing, archives and documents administration, stenography and recording, type design, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Telecoms - Experience in telephone system reception, streaming, switching, control, and service.
Final Words :
Computer operators usually operate from a server room or data center. There is a lot of demand for Computer Operator Jobs in Delhi. Computer operators need no advanced qualifications, but many people have associate degrees or qualifications in areas such as computer technology. Computer operators have a good knowledge of computer programs, the ability to obey instructions, outstanding critical reasoning, and problem resolution capabilities as the most essential qualifications.