1. The job entails testing games software and identifying and reporting bugs and issues, following a structured testing methodology to the highest possible specified quality standards, and always in full compliance to defined information security policy and controls.
2. This involves testing the game in a systematic way, based against defined set of criteria, identifying problems and communicating those issues via bug tracking databases and other mechanisms back to the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
3. You will test for bugs in the software, from complete crashes to minor glitches in the code. You also act as the game's first audience, often being asked to report on its playability, and identifying any aspects which could be improved.
4. The Tester will also be responsible for providing feedback where any test cases, templates or tools used are in need of improvement.
5. Helping our clients pass their products through the certification/submission process smoothly and painlessly is number one priority.