- Experience: 0-6+ months experience
- Location: Airoli, Navi Mumbai
- Work from office only
The Junior Character Artist will show a diverse portfolio of recent samples that demonstrate high artistic aptitude modeling characters , related props and environments, as well as competency with lighting, texture maps and shaders. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work within a highly iterative process as part of a small team. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of art creation tools for mobile, including Blender/Maya/3DS Max and Adobes Creative Suite (Unity knowledge is a plus). Candidate will work closely with project leads to evangelize and drive the artistic vision of the games.
- Model, texture, rig and animate detailed 3D character/props for our platform
- Convert concept art into game ready models and textures that accurately captures the design with a keen eye for form, composition, and style while working within performance and design restrictions
- Work with the Art Lead to maintain a high visual quality bar and established style
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- Optimize models and textures to ensure quality and performance.
- Work with guidelines provided by other departments to ensure quality, playability, and performance
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as tech art, animation and design to understand gameplay requirements, technological issues and how they relate to the character art and implementation
- Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, color, and lighting
- Good sense of human anatomy and proportions through traditional or 3D art
- Ability to create a low-poly model within poly budget and efficiently unwrap the UV's for texturing
- Experienced with Maya/Blender/3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop tools