Job role: As a data analyst, you will be responsible for compiling actionable insights from data and assisting program, sales and marketing managers build data-driven processes. Your role will involve driving initiatives to optimize for operational excellence and revenue.
1. Ensure that data flows smoothly from source to destination so that it can be processed
2. Utilize strong database skills to work with large, complex data sets to extract insights
3. Filter and cleanse unstructured (or ambiguous) data into usable data sets that can be analyzed to extract insights and improve business processes
4. Identify new internal and external data sources to support analytics initiatives and work with appropriate partners to absorb the data into new or existing data infrastructure
5. Build tools for automating repetitive tasks so that bandwidth can be freed for analytics
6. Collaborate with program managers and business analysts to help them come up with actionable, high-impact insights across product lines and functions
7. Work closely with top management to prioritize information and analytic needs
1. Bachelors or Masters (Pursuing or Graduated) in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, or Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science), preferably with work experience of over [X] years.
2. The abilit to program in any high-level language is required. Familiarity with R and statistical packages are preferred.
3. Proven problem solving and debugging skills.
4. Familiar with database technologies and tools (SQL/R/SAS/JMP etc.), data warehousing, transformation, and processing. Work experience with real data for customer insights, business, and market analysis will be advantageous.
5.Experience with text analytics, data mining and social media analytics.
6. Statistical knowledge in standard techniques: Logistic Regression, Classification models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Random Forests, Ensembles, etc.