The role of a Business Development Executive is to assist the organizations sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. He/she should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated about marketplace and competitor activity. The primary role and responsibilities of a Business Development Executive include:
1. Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities
2. Keep prospective client database updated.
3. Make cold calls for new business leads.
4. Support in writing new business proposals.
5. Maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company.
6. Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients.
7. Follow company guidelines and procedures for acquisition of customers, submission of tenders etc.
Competencies and Skills Required
1. Must possess strong customer service skills
2. Excellent written and verbal communication
3. Knowledge of bidding sites like Upwork, freelancer, PPH, guru.
4. Must have good negotiation skills.
5. Must be able to create good presentations.
6. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Must be detail oriented and an active listener.