You will hardly find a company
in the market that has not, at one point or the other, faced the problem of high employee attrition rates.
In fact, this problem is common to small organizations as well as the bigger ones. Be it large MNCs, small businesses, new start-ups, this issue is one that is experienced by all.Common Reasons Why Employees Leave Their Jobs
- Dissatisfaction With Job Profile If the employees are unhappy with the kind of work they are doing, they are more likely to leave. In workplaces where there is no clear demarcation between the job roles, the employees may feel overworked or underused.
- Lack Of Appreciation Or Recognition If there is not a proper reward system in place for those who perform exceptionally, it may result in bad feelings which might escalate into dissatisfaction.
- No Communication Channel Between The Employees & Upper Management - When employees feel that they are not free to share their opinions, ideas & complaints, they feel disgruntled. It is essential that there be a proper & open communication channel in place.
- Salary It is another major factor that has a direct relation with employee satisfaction. Though a person may take up a low paying job many times, but be sure they are going to leave at the first opportunity they get.
- Lack Of Flexibility An employer has to be flexible if he wants to successfully retain his staff and ensure that they perform well. Many times an employee may need leaves for reasons like marriage, maternity, etc.
- Lack Of Challenges Though it may seem silly, boredom is also among the major reasons why quite a sizeable number of employees leave their jobs & look for better opportunities. Over a period of time, employees may feel they are doing the same thing over and over again & there are not getting to learn anything new.
Apart from these other reasons why employees leave their job includes dissatisfaction with the appraisal system and the feeling of being undervalued and overworked, etc. A good workplace is one where there is understanding and a healthy working relationship between the employers and employees